↑ ¡ ™
If i were you, i would like or reblog this post, because it just changed your life.
i’ll leave this here for those who had no idea
you learn something new everyday
Irving Penn Freckles Undated
Photography by Irving Penn
don’t know how accurate this is, but virtuous nonetheless
Last year’s ‘All White’ ads promoting lightened skin angered activists in Senegal who want women who know bleaching is dangerous. They put up their own ads to tell women that ‘black is so beautiful.’
A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
Remember ladies, don’t expect to leave your house an be treated like an autonomous person who doesn’t have to search every bathroom, powder room, and elevator like you’re in a fucking neo noir spy film! So pass on these safety tips that reaffirm that deep knot of dread in your stomach telling you your humanity is up for debate!
Another reason to never leave my house? AWESOME.
First Poster For Idris Elba’s Nelson Mandela Biopic ‘Long Walk To Freedom’
Harlem: 26 cops arrest & beat one unarmed Black youth, slam him to ground, then stop legal filming by witnesses.
This was May 13 at 3:30pm in the 135th St station of the B/C. Note the one arresting officer repeatedly telling the other to “relax.” The young man being arrested puts his leg up just so they don’t slam his face into the wall. When I turned my camera to catch the officers streaming into the station, two of them came behind me and one officer (Mancebo?) pushed me out of the station and would not let me turn around. Afterwards, I counted twelve police cars around the station.